Safe Mothers, Safe Babies

Safe Mothers, Safe Babies
Photo Credit: Anne Sherwood

12 April 2012

Get to know your SAFE Domestic Interns: Corrine Christison

Meet Corrine, our Administrative Coordinator!
Hello! My name is Corrine Christison.  Before I tell you about my work at SAFE, I feel like I need to introduce myself.  I'm a soon-to-be college graduate with a BA in Social- Cultural Anthropology from BYU.  I love anthropology more than anything in the world... okay, maybe not more than ice cream but its a close tie!  My favorite animal is the bear and has been since I was 7 years old.  I want to eventually become a professor of Anthropology at some prestigious school while doing development research in Africa to keep my tenure.  

Speaking of Africa and development, it is those two interests that lead me to SAFE.  I met Jacquie when she came to speak in one of my classes.  I was really impressed and decided that this was an organization I would love to help with.  One thing led to another and I ended up becoming the Administrative Coordinator.  I'm in charge of scheduling meetings, taking minutes during those meetings, and other things to help deal with the more organiational stuff at SAFE.  It is so much fun because I get to work with all the different aspects-- the Board members, the domestic interns, the international interns, etc.... and I'm always caught up with what is happening at SAFE.  

In my opinion, SAFE is a GREAT organization that first and foremost, wants to help the people of Uganda in ways that they want to be helped; as an anthropologist, I can't really ask for anything more!

No comments:

Post a Comment