- Receiving the 20 WE CARE Solar Suitcases and 6 Humless solar units.
- Installing 2 Solar Suitcases in the Jinja National Referral Hospital, and training the project partners in the installation of the units at the same time.
- Training SAFE's in-country staff in the installation, use, and repair of the WE CARE Solar Suitcases, so that the remaining Solar Suitcases can be installed post Cutts'-departure.
- Installing 2 Humless Solar units at the Iganga District Hospital, 3 Humless Solar units at Ibulanku Health Center, and installing 1 Humless solar unit at Bukoteka Health Center.
- Hosting 1 community health fair to provide immunizations to 600 women and children while simultaneously improving awareness of the solar unit installations and the eRanger program.
- Providing medical supplies to Bukoteka Health Center, who hasn't been given any by their funding agency for almost a year.
- Exploring ways to provide a source of income for the Bukoteka doctor and nurse, who haven't been paid for a year either (exploring gift of a dairy heifer, milk-producing goat, or organic farming equipment, the byproducts of which could provide them with food or money).
- Meeting with SAFE's partnered women's and men's groups.
- Checking in on all of SAFE's projects.
Safe Mothers, Safe Babies
Provo, UT 84603-2205
Feel free to designate your donation to a specific project if there is one that really excites you; SAFE will send you a receipt within 10 business days.
Thank you for your support--and check back for updates!