A special thanks to Do Something (dosomething.org) for our $500 Seed Grant! Safe Mothers, Safe Babies summer team from Jefferson Medical College implemented our Seed Grant working with women's groups and development associations on safe motherhood initiatives. The project was a HUGE success, and accomplished:
- Helped two new women's groups form, all of which conduct safe motherhood activities and outreach.
- Provided safe motherhood training to 7 groups.
- Worked with 3 groups on developing high-quality safe motherhood and general health education dramas.
- Provided organic farming training (which is how the groups sustain their activities) to 7 groups.
- Provided organic passion fruit and sweet potato seeds to 3 groups.
- Registered 5 groups with the sub-county.
- Provided group management and business training to 7 groups.
- Provided emergency neonatal resuscitation training to two health centers.